Barcelona-based manufacturing and distribution firm Deaplaneta Leisure has acquired rights to the complete catalog of the celebrated Spanish animation firm BRB Internacional.
- The settlement sees Deaplaneta develop its portfolio by including a few of the hottest Spanish animated properties together with The World of David the Gnome, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Across the World with Willy Fog, and Bernard Bear. In whole, greater than 1,000 half-hour episodes are included as a part of the library deal.
- Together with the printed rights to the BRB exhibits, the deal contains world working licenses for brand new developments and digital content material creation. Deaplaneta plans to remodel the characters into “mass-market world leisure IPs.”
- Deaplaneta’s household animation portfolio already contains standard properties resembling Heidi, Lady of the Alps; 3,000 Leagues in Search of Mom; and Maya the Bee.
- Diego Ibáñez, chief model officer at Deaplaneta, defined in a launch: “Our purpose is to refresh and relaunch these well-known audiovisual choices utilizing new codecs and modern digital creation methods, aiming to place them again on the map and introduce them to new audiences.”
- BRB Internacional was established and run for years by Spanish animation legend Claudio Biern Boyd, who handed away in October of final 12 months. Biern’s son Carlos stayed within the household enterprise and was previously president of Diboos (the Spanish Federation of Animation and Visible Results Producers). In July of final 12 months, Carlos was appointed as content material and distribution director at Deaplaneta’s youngsters and household division, the place he’ll now oversee the upkeep and distribution of the intensive catalog that his father spent a lifetime creating.
Pictured at prime: David the Gnome, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Across the World with Willy Fog